If you’re trying to send a text message or MMS/picture message but you’re receiving an error, or it just refuses to send, please try the following to resolve the issue.
- Restart your phone: Turn your phone off and on again to refresh your network connection.
- Ensure you have sufficient credit: You can log into your account to check your balance here.
- Check coverage: Make sure you’re in a Kogan Mobile coverage area using the Coverage Map.
- Try making a call: This will confirm whether it’s an issue with your whole service or just messaging.
- Free up space: If your inbox and sent messages folders are full, you may be unable to send messages. Delete old messages to free some space.
Message Centre Number
If your phone allows you to make changes to your message centre number, make sure that it’s set to '+61415011501'.
On most phones, you can go to settings and find the option for ‘Message Centre Number’.
If you have an iPhone, you can check it by dialing *#5005*7672#. If you then need to correct it, you can dial **5005*7672*+61415011501# to set it to the correct one.
iMessage on iPhones
If you’re using an iPhone, check if the message you’re trying to send is enclosed in a blue bubble.
If so, this indicates that it’s trying to send the message over the internet rather than as an SMS, so you will require working mobile data or access to a Wi-Fi network.
To turn off iMessage entirely, simply go to Settings > Messages, and turn ‘iMessage’ off.
Premium or International Texts
These are not included with Kogan Mobile prepaid call plans and will require the addition of a Premier Access Bolt-On. If you are having issues sending premium or international texts, please ensure that you have sufficient credit on your Premium Access Bolt-On.
If you’re still unable to successfully send a text message, please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care team for further assistance.